banner banner banner banner banner banner
Local News: A service of Reid Health

(Richmond, IN)--One person was injured Friday morning in a house fire on North West J Street in Richmond.  It broke out at 2:30 Friday morning.  "The fire started by a blanket that was too close to a wood-burning stove," said Mike Davis with the Richmond Fire Department.  The residents had tried to put the fire out.  "They attempted to extinguish it, but the fire spread faster than they could get it put out," Davis added.  One of the residents had to be taken to Reid Health.  "One patient was taken to the hospital for injuries and was treated and released for smoke inhalation," Davis explained.  Damage was set at $20,000.

Kicks Morning Crew
Find Us On Facebook

Instagram