(Richmond, IN)--One person is dead following an overnight fire at Genesis Apartments – formerly known as Country Club Apartments. A resident in one of the buildings in the older section called 911 and reported the smell of smoke at around 11 o'clock Monday night. When crews arrived, they found a relatively small fire in one lower unit that was extinguished quickly. But firefighters also located a body inside that unit. The initial indication is that the death was the result of the fire. A couch was found inside that had completely burned. Residents of two other units were evacuated. The victim’s identity has not been released. The investigation will continue Tuesday.