Local News

WOMAN SUFFERS BURNS IN NORTH WEST E HOUSE FIRE

(Richmond, IN)--A Richmond family escaped a house fire Tuesday night.  It broke out a little before 9 o’clock in the 300 block of North West C.  "We pulled up with a bedroom fully involved.  Heavy smoke was showing.  The front window was just breaking as we pulled up, giving it air, so it took off pretty well," said Battalion Chief Jeff Glenn.  All of the residents made it out, but an elderly female sustained minor burns to the chest.  Glenn explains what likely happened.  "A heating pad that the mother would use is what we believe started the fire."  Damage has been set at $45,000.  The home was not considered a total loss.