Friends and fans are remembering the life and career of one of country music’s most impactful artists, Toby Keith. He died on February 5, following a lengthy battle with stomach cancer at age 62. Many of his famous friends posted pictures of him on social media…
Carrie Underwood wrote, “My heart has no doubt that you are standing in the presence of our King right now!!! See you again someday, friend."
John Anderson called him: “A good man with a huge legacy that stands as tall as him."
Alan Jackson said, "Denise and I are saddened to hear about our friend Toby. Our prayers are with Tricia and the entire Keith family.
And his longtime colleague and friend, Reba shared this with us: “Toby and I are both from Oklahoma and very proud of our Oklahoma heritage. Toby worked very hard to make a mark in the country music business and did a great job doing that. Very proud of him, and I hope he rests in peace. I was very honored to get to work with Toby and be a part of the era of country music he was in. We’ll sure miss him.”
- “I was saddened to hear of Toby Keith’s passing. He really was one of the good guys. He helped a lot of people get started in the business. He loved God, he loved his family, and he was a true Patriot. He loved America. A friend to so many, including myself! Rest dear brother, you’re home at last!” -Ricky Skaggs
- “I never got the chance to know Toby as well as I would have liked to, but I always enjoyed his company and certainly admired his talent. I wish I could have written a song or two with him...he was a great writer as well as performer. This picture was taken in the hallway backstage at the Grand Ole Opry when he made one of his rare appearances there. He gave us a lot of good music and left us with a lot of good memories. May he rest in peace.” - Bill Anderson
- "Toby did as much good off-stage as he did on it. I got to be a part of his OK Kids Korral a few years back, and we sang a few together to benefit those kids. A good man with a huge legacy that stands as tall as him." -John Anderson
- “Toby Keith was a complete original and, like everyone, we’ll miss him and his music. God Bless his family and may he rest in peace.”- The Bellamy Brothers
- "I admired his independence as a singer, songwriter and businessman. Toby Keith did it his way. My sincere condolences to his family and to his many fans around the world."- Gene Watson
- "You would have rather heard how Toby Keith beat cancer this morning as the broadcasts carry the news of his passing. What I knew was that he was a patriot and expressed it in his music and conversation. His love for our country. The realization of his mortality. His decision to trust and follow Christ made him more than a cowboy last night. Condolences to Tricia and his family. RIP, TK." -Marty Raybon / Shenandoah
- "Toby has been an amazing friend with sound advice in some key moments in my life. This loss cuts deep but I’m so encouraged at the true faith that Toby has displayed and carries with him. I will continue to pray for his family, and there is no doubt that he is now in the peace that passes all understanding. You left this world a great gift in your songs! Rest high my brother and thank you!" -Tim Rushlow / The Frontmen / Former lead singer of Little Texas
- “Sometimes we use the word 'friend' when we really mean acquaintance. Toby Keith was my friend, and all I know is this. My friend Toby does not have cancer in Heaven this morning. As we’d say in OKLAHOMA and TEXAS, he was a good sumbich. That’s about the highest praise a TEXAN can give to someone. REST IN PEACE, COWBOY.” -Larry Gatlin
- "Toby Keith was his own man. He set a great example for all of us in life and in death. He had one shot at this, just like we all do, and he did it his way. I paid attention to his life and his career. He had a swagger that was a little different than most because he knew who he was. In life we have a chance to leave a mark that will not fade and he knocked it out of the park. In death we have a chance to exit this awful, beautiful life with grace and dignity. Toby just hit another grand slam and we could learn from this example. Sometimes it’s not about the elaborate production because sometimes the production is simply the actions of the man. God Bless you and your family and thank you for showing us all how it’s done." -Darryl Worley
- "Toby did it 'The Cowboy Way' with courage and dignity and his work will live on. Old Cowboys Never Die, they just ride away." -Billy Dean
- “We are saddened to hear of the passing of the great Toby Keith. What an amazing talent. We lost another Real Cowboy! Gone too soon but we know where he is. Ride in Peace, TK.” -Doug Gray / The Marshall Tucker Band
- "I’m so sorry to hear of Toby’s passing. He was a great singer, and his songwriting talent was enormous. My condolences to his family." -Henry Paul / BlackHawk & The Outlaws
- “Toby and I were label mates when I was with Hot Apple Pie. We all looked up to him for his support of our troops. He was always a straight-shooter and very encouraging. Rest in peace, my brother.” - Brady Seals of Little Texas
- “We’ve lost a great one. Toby was an amazing talent and man. Sending prayers to his family and friends.” -Aaron Tippin
- "What a huge loss for the family of country music. I, like so many, loved Toby and his great songs! I was honored and proud to call him my friend. He was so much fun, always a gentleman and such a beautiful soul. Til we see you again, Rest in Heavenly Peace, Toby." -Deborah Allen
CHECK IT OUT