Local News

FEMA ARRIVES IN WAYNE COUNTY

(Wayne County, IN)--People who lost their homes in the flood one week ago are still in temporary housing, but those numbers are beginning to go down.  "Shelter operations are continuing at the Kuhlman Center," said Matt Cain with Wayne County Emergency Management on Wednesday night.  And, that temporary housing is shifting.  "We've also merged some people who are using that shelter with those affected in Connersville.  It's serving for both," Cain explained.  Cain also said that the county will be submitting flood damage estimates to the state Friday for potential reimbursement.  Cain also said Wednesday night that FEMA has arrived and toured nearly all Wayne County towns earlier in the day.