1. A Kid Woke Up from a Coma After Getting a Big Whiff of Axe Body Spray. It happened in England back in May. He was in the coma for 13 weeks, and finally snapped out of it when his mom sprayed him with his favorite scent.
2. A Runner Who Wrote "Jesus Saves" on His Race Bib Collapsed and Was Saved . . . by a Guy Named Jesus. The guy was a registered nurse named Jesus Bueno. (He pronounces it HAY-soos.) He did CPR, and the runner survived.
3. A Billionaire Paid Off the Student Loans for an Entire Graduating Class. Robert F. Smith is the CEO of a private equity firm called Vista Equity Partners. He announced it at Morehouse College's commencement in May. The roughly 400 students went nuts.
4. A Guy Trapped in the Snow Survived Five Days on Packets of Taco Bell 'Fire Sauce'. It happened in Oregon back in February. Then a few weeks later, their hot sauce also saved a life in Florida. A car plowed into a Taco Bell right where a guy was sitting. But luckily he'd just gotten up to get more hot sauce.
5. A College Kid's 'I Need Beer Money' Sign on "College GameDay" Raised Over $1 Million for a Children's Hospital. Busch Light was going to give him a lifetime supply of beer, until a reporter found racist tweets he'd posted at 16. So they decided to cut ties. But it was still a lot of money for a good cause.
6. An Ambulance Hit a Pothole, and It Saved the Patient's Life. His heart rate was dangerously high, until the pothole knocked it back into a normal rhythm.
7. An 83-Year-Old Finally Got His Christmas Song on the Radio, 54 Years After he Wrote It. A station in Houston had him on a few weeks ago, and then other stations started playing it. It's called "Christmas Is Here" and it's pretty good. (Huge props to our friends at The Roula & Ryan Show on KRBE for making it happen!)
8. A Kid Got Bullied for His Homemade Tennessee Volunteers Shirt. Then the School Used the Design and Started Selling Them. A portion of the profits went to the charity, Stomp Out Bullying.
9. A Cop Ran a Race in Full SWAT Gear . . . Saved Someone's Life . . . and Then Proposed to His Girlfriend at the Finish Line. He'd been planning the proposal. He had NOT been planning to do CPR before finishing the race.
10. An Inmate Used His Car Theft Skills to Save a Baby from a Locked SUV. He was out on work release fixing a median in the road. Someone gave him a coat hanger, and he used it to break in while cops supervised.
11. A Premature Baby Weighing Less Than 10 Ounces Went Home from the Hospital . . . Making Him the Smallest to Ever Survive. His mom had an emergency C-section at 24 weeks. Several months later, he was up to about seven pounds.
12. A Mom Hit a Lottery Jackpot, Because She Forgot How Old Her Kid Was. She always plays her kids ages, but forgot that one of them just had a birthday. She ended up winning about $78,000.
13. "Baby Shark" Helped a Toddler with Spina Bifida Learn to Walk. A doctor in Florida has been using the song because it makes kids want to get up and move.
14. A Woman Whose Real Name Is "Marijuana Pepsi" Got Her Doctorate. She refused to let one of the world's worst names hold her back, and got her Ph.D in higher education leadership.
15. A Guy in Philly Scaled the Side of a Building to Save His Mom from a Fire. She's confined to a bed, and firefighters wouldn't let him inside. So he climbed 15 floors to get to her. It turned out she was fine, and the fire didn't make it to her unit. But it still put him in the running for best son ever. The cops could have arrested him, but didn't.
16. A Nine-Year-Old Learned the Heimlich, Then Saved Her Best Friend the Next Day. She took a class at her local rec center, then put the knowledge to good use the very next when her friend started choking on a hot dog at school.
17. We Found Out Cigarette Smoking in the U.S. Hit an All-Time Low. Only 13.7% of adults said they'd smoked one or more cigarettes in the past year. That's down from 42% in 1965, and 26% in 1990.
18. A Homeless Kid Got Accepted to 18 Different Colleges. He picked The College of New Jersey to be close to his mom, and they gave him a scholarship. A total stranger offered to cover his first year of room and board. And people also donated on GoFundMe to help him out.
19. A Guy with Dementia Fell in Love with His Wife Again and Asked Her to Marry Him. She said yes. They held the wedding in their backyard, and danced to the same song they danced to the first time they got married.
20. A Comcast Service Rep Realized a Caller Was Having a Stroke and Saved His Life. They were over 1,200 miles away, but heard him struggling to talk and called for help. And because he got treated so quickly, he was out of the hospital in two days.